Point of Use
Point of Entry
- Compare Systems
Frequently bought together:
Coldstream’s mission is to make the very highest standard drinking water filters, capable of providing you with clean, safe drinking water that tastes great straight from the tap, or direct from a gravity fed supply anywhere in the world.
We achieve this through our unsurpassed technical understanding of filtration techniques and material performance, our comprehensive system and filter testing and manufacturing quality assurance and using our unique high performance ceramics made using our own hi tech manufacturing processes.
All Coldstream filters are made at our renewable energy powered and efficient manufacturing facility in King’s Lynn in the UK. Our team of technical experts are some of the most experienced in their field, creating and delivering solutions in countries all around the world.
Coldstream have recently entered the market for portable gravity water filters with this fantastic new product, the Coldstream Sentry Gravity Water Filter System. They have taken all the product flaws with other leading products on the market and solved them through their innovative approach. Here is a summary of what makes them different and better:
1) Rubber - The Coldstream system has 4 filters which eliminates the need for the rubber grommet which has been the cause of both complaint (because of the rubbery taste) and failure (because of the grommets having defects which allow unfiltered water too pass through - which is a massive issue especially when considering usage on raw untreated water supplies). Therefore, for this reason, Coldstream and better and more reliable and having four filters massively improves the flow rate, making production much faster. Of course you can add up to 4 filters in competing products but these do not come as standard.
2) Powerful Filters - The Coldstream filters are extremely powerful at filtering. They are even able to reduce fluoride (up to 97% - see test results). Doulton Super Sterasyl, Doulton ATC Super Sterasyl and Black Berkey Filters do not reduce fluoride on their own, so you have to add extra filters (the PF4's for the Doultons and the PF-2's for the Black Berkey Filters). This is a problem because they screw onto the end of the main filters and take up space in the filtered water chamber. They are also made of plastic so the plastic is then sitting in your filtered water, not nearly as good as Coldstream who have solved it through their more advanced filtering technology.
3) Fluoride Removal - the other very important aspect of the Coldstream filters is that they reduce fluoride without using Activated Alumina which exchanges fluorides with aluminium hydroxide. Coldstream use micro-ceramics to achieve this without migrating materials into the water through exchange making them far superior to older fluoride reduction technology.
3) Stainless Steel Tap - The Doulton (British Berkefeld) and Big Berkey all have a plastic tap which is nowhere near as strong and durable as the stainless steel tap which comes as standard with the Coldstream system. This tap will provide years of trouble free service and is sturdy and reliable.
The following test report shows the average results tested for a vast array of contaminants:
The following test report is specifically for the filters performance with micro-organisms:
Download the set up manual:
The following file shows some technical detail for the Coldstream gravity filter range. The filters used in this system are the CF163W 8 inch ones:
The Coldstream filters are 1" longer and nearly 1" wider and therefore not only contain more filter media resulting in superior filtration, but also much faster flow rates.
|Model||Coldstream Sentry Gravity Water Filter System with 4 Filters|
Dimensions: Assembled 8" x 19" / Stored 8" x 13.5"
Upper Reservoir Holds 8 liters of Untreated Water
Lower Reservoir Holds 8 liters of Treated Water
• Bacteria removal (E.coli / Cholera / Shigella / Typhoid / Klebsiella Terrigena) - 99.9999%
• Cyst removal (Cryptosporidium / Giardia) - 99.9999%
• Volatile Organic Contaminants – 94% - 99%
• Lead, Cadmium, Selenium, Zinc removal – 100%
• Heavy Metal Contaminants (to NSF 53c) – 97%
• Pesticide Contaminants – 99.9%
• Herbicide Contaminants – 99.9%
• Free Chlorine Removal (Chlorine Taste and Odour) – 99.9%
• Chloromine Removal – 99.9%
• Fluoride removal – 97.0%
• Flow Rate – 1.0 L/hr
• Operating Temperature - min 5°C / max 30°C
• Service Life - 6 months (recommended)
• Diameter – 2.9”
• Length – 8.0”
• Fitting type – ¼” BSP
• Fitting length – LM (26mm)
Im in to healthy living, it took me many month too doo research on all type filters. Many under sink filters have negative side by removing all good minerals during the process and artificially making water alkaline, which is not good in long run. This Coldstream filter is the best of all. I bought two and been using for over 2 month. It produces tasteless and without any smell water, which tasts good. Im using this water for everything... and bought SS bottles and big thermos to have this water alway available. Im very strongly recommend it to every person. Excellent product and its Made In UK! Chin chin, Bottoms up!!
We can actually drink water now instead of buying it from supermarket
Customer service is amazing - answered all my many questions and helped us pick the best product for our needs. Two months later and we are still loving our Coldstream water filter system - great tasting water and perfect for our family. Thank you!
I chose the Coldstream water filter because of its superior filters. Unfortunately I was told they had run out of stock and it would be a while before more were received. As an alternative I was offered a Berkeley housing with the Coldstream filters for the same price which was a good solution that I accepted.
The filtered water tastes very good. Seems to do what it says on the tin.
We are so pleased with our Coldstream water filter...where we live the water is filthy-so much fluoride it tasted like bleach, runs milky white from the tap...black hinge too! now we enjoy water as it’s meant to be!!!! Clear and clean - grandchildren actually enjoy drinking water again, as we do...tea is wonderful again!! Big investment but worth every penny!
Such a great filter. To know my kids are getting clean water without all the rubbish added makes me smile. What you put in your body is so important as well as saving on tonnes of plastic bottle this filter is worth the money.
Finest I have seen and very very good products. I just think that the delivered mounting Manual is a bit scarce
Excellent, helpful and prompt service matched by an equally excellent product. I purchased the cold stream filter to remove fluoride and other unwanted additions to the water. My family and I are without doubt feeling the benefits and find it a fascinating journey back to health. I give this product and the company 5 stars.
My husband assembled it without any problems.
It looks good and is simple to use. It is good quality. I thinks it is quite expensive.
We live in a soft water area and I bought it for health reasons. I cannot detect any change in the taste. I presume it does what is advertised to do but I have no way of checking.
After removing horrible smell of chlorine here in south east taste is so much better. Of course unless you can actually have your water analysed properly you cannot be sure of what has been removed , but one has to place trust in the product to do its job properly,but the taste is so much better now. How often do you have to change filters?
Hi Sue - filters should be changed every 6 months to ensure top water quality but they can be stretched to up to 12 months and quite often people do that especially when only using mains supplied water in it..
Fast delivery, great product, best value. And above all: the water tastes so pure!
From start to finish the service was excellent and the filter does what is says on the tin. highly recommended
I bought the osmio gravity fed cold stream water filter, the main buying criteria i was looking for was to be able to be used with no electricity store a reasonable ammount of water and give a good quality of water. This water filter fitted my requirements, but the taste and quality of the water surpassed my expectations, since buying the filter it has been in constant use and i even take 2 litres to work with me, and bring home 2 litres of filtered water from work to put in the filter. Iwould highly recommend this filter to anyone who wants quality water to drink.
The Coldstream arrived quickly and has turned our horribly tasting water to tasty water. It was indeed a good buy
If you care about what you put into your body then you most certainly need one of these. The quality of the materials used are excellent, the system itself is easy to use, and most importantly the taste of the water is fantastic. A great product that I simply cannot do without now!
I was pleasantly surprised when I first filled the filter . As I already own a berkey which takes a considerable time to filter the water , this was quite the opposite and although the water is filtered quite quickly the quality of the filtered water is far superior to that of the berkey .
The only fault ( if you could call it a fault ) is the size . For use with a family of four , I find that you have to refill the filter 2-3 times a day . When Osmio do a larger version I'll definitely be investing in one .
I received 2 Coldstream filters the day after I ordered them. The assembly instructions were clear, the product robust . It is being used for clean water by children in a home in Lesotho.
Thank you very much to Osimo Water for their excellent service
First time I've used a proper filter, rather than a brita type jug. Seems to do a good job removing chlorine, according to my nose anyway. If you sniff the top half compared to the bottom half the top smells like a swimming baths in comparison (I live in South Manchester btw). Can leave the water feeling a but dry (I guess it's filtering allsorts out along with the nasties) so maybe have to add some mineral drops or such.
I bought this one as a Xmas present to my wife as she always wanted to have a decent water filter in our household. We are all extremely happy.
Not only that it looks amazing in our kitchen but water tastes like from a spring.
It's very easy to assemble and made with high quality.
For this affordable price we've got an amazing product which provides us with pure water that our whole family can enjoy.
Thank you OsmioWater , we're so grateful.
very good quality and taste of water, great price for the water filter
Thank you very much for for your prompt reply and advice. Very quick and easy to purchase. Super fast delivery. Highly recommended!
Water tastes good
I bought one of these after readying the reviews but was unimpressed. I could take the stuff the filters added to the water and one of the filters fell to bits. Great packaging but that is about it.
Osmio Comment: Michael please do contact us. We would like to have the opprtunity to discuss your issue and try to resolve befoe posting your review. If your filter is damaged or defective you are entitled to free relacement.
The taste of the water is instant. No mess in the kettle or pans and to put it straight my stomach.
Very happy with product and service
I am pleased I bought the Coldstream Sentry Gravity Water filter and recommend it.
The water taste differnece the system has made has been enormus. I would highly recommend this.