Pyrolox Resin For Iron 14L
Pyrolox® is a granular water filtration media used for the removal of hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese. A naturally mined ore, Pyrolox has been used in water treatment for more than 75 years.
Through a natural chemical reaction, Pyrolox has the ability to help produce clean, high-quality water. Pyrolox filter media works by oxidizing iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide in problem water. Trapped particulate is then removed from the media bed during the backwash cycle.
To maintain and further augment the long-term performance and removal capacity of the media, an oxidant feed of some type is recommended. This will maintain the media and enhance removal capacity. Chlorine injection (options include chlorine, sodium hypochlorite, or calcium hypochlorite) immediately up stream of the filter feed is a simple way to meet this recommendation. Other acceptable oxidants include air injection, potassium permanganate, sodium permanganate, etc. Hydrogen peroxide is specifically prohibited for use as an oxidant.
It is important that Pyrolox media is backwashed properly to ensure adequate bed expansion and continued service life. It is recommended that Pyrolox be installed with an underbed and be backwashed daily. Individual application requirements may vary.
|Model||Pyrolox Resin For Iron 14L|
|In Depth||Pyrolox - 14 Litres
• Effective reduction of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide
• Durable media with long service life
• Colour: Black
• Bulk Density: 120 lbs./cu. ft.
• Mesh Size: UK 18/44
• Specific Gravity: 3.8
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
• pH range: 6.5 - 9.0
• Bed depth: Suggested depth 18 inches. Dependent on application and water quality
• Backwash flow rate: 25 - 30 gpm/sq. ft.
• Freeboard: 40% of bed depth (min.)
• Underbed: Garnet #8, #8-#12. #3 Silica. Other materials are also suitable but must keep media from migrating downward and be heavy enough to remain in place during backwash.
• Service flow rate: 5 gpm/sq. ft.