- Point of Use
Point of Entry
Replacements & Parts
- Compare Systems
The Osmio 13 x 54 Inch 70 Litre Micro-Z Turbidity Removal Water Filter System is the ideal system to remove turbidity. Turbidity is the muddiness created by stirring up sediment or having foreign particles suspended in water. Typical examples of Turbidity in NTUs (Nephelometric Turbidity Units) are shown below.
The Osmio 13 x 54 Inch 70 Litre Micro-Z Turbidity Removal Water Filter System uses an appropriate blend of filtration media including Micro-Z which provides superior filtration media through granular filter media. It outperforms conventional multimedia materials due to its unique structure, allowing particulate to penetrate deeply into the filter bed to provide superior filtration at increased flow rates. The system also includes an appropriate volume of NSF Certified Filox-R media and under-bed gravel.
Due to higher filtration rates, using this system means the system can be smaller with more capacity
Micro-Z @ 2.8 X loading : Typical sand filter @ 1 X loading; Typical multimedia filter @ 1.6 X loading
Due to media design – lower micron rating – as low as 5 micron; Typical sand filter – 40 microns; Typical multi media filter – 20/30 microns; Typical Filter AF filter – 10 microns
Backwash flowrate typically (beneath 6 m3/hr) under service flow
Osmio Micro-Z granular filter media outperforms conventional multimedia materials due to its unique structure, allowing particulate to penetrate deeply into the filter bed to provide superior filtration at increased flow rates.
• Higher solids loading capability
• Superior filtration performance
• Reduced backwash frequency
• Removes finer particles
• Reduces pressure drop
• Provides higher flow rates
• Light weight
1. Clack 1" Time Clock Filter Valve, c/w DLFC, set to correct program
2. Appropriate size of NSF certified mineral tank
3. Riser with bottom distributor attached and top basket (cut to vessel size)
4. Clack 1" bypass valve assembly
5. Either 1" or 3/4" BSP adaptor kit
6. Riser Anchoring Device
7. Appropriate volume of NSF Certified Filox-R media and under-bed gravel
The Full Upgrade Pack includes the following:
- Clack 1" Metered Filter Valve
- Clack 1" Motorised No Hardwater Bypass Valve
- Clack 1" Elbow assembly kit (2 per set)
- Clack 1" Service Flow Controller (Flow-ET)
- Micro-switch Assembly for remote switches
|Model||NM13-W100F 13 x 53 Inch|
The Osmio 13 x 54 Inch 70 Litre Micro-Z Turbidity Removal Water Filter System - 43-64 LPM - Micro-Z for Turbidity removal to 5 microns|
Part No. NM13-W100F
Mineral Tank Size (Inches) 13 x 54
Media (litres) 70
Service Flow (l/m) 43-64
Min Back Wash Flow (l/m) 50
Micro-Z Physical Properties:
Colour Light green
Bulk density 55 lbs. per cu. ft.
Specific gravity 2.2 gm/cc
Mesh size 14x40
Uniform coefficient 1.9
Hardness (Mohs scale) 4
Micro-Z Conditions of Operation:
Recommended bed depth 36" - 48"
Recommended freeboard 50% of bed depth
Service flow rate 12-20 GPM/sq. ft.
Backwash flow rate 12-16 GPM/sq. ft.
Backwash bed expansion 30-40 percent
Note: Allow bed to soak overnight before initial backwash.