Health & Safety Policy
Statement of Intent
Osmio Water is committed to a strong safety program that protects its staff, its property, and the public from accidents. Management of Osmio Water is vitally interested in employee health and safety. Protecting employees from injury and occupational disease is a continuing objective. Osmio Water, as an employer, is ultimately responsible for worker health and safety. Employees at every level, including management, are responsible and accountable for the company’s overall safety initiatives. Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every job is necessary for the safety of all workers on the job site
Our Health and safety policy to:
- Prevent Accidents
- Manage health and safety risks in our workplace
- Manage health and safety risks for the general public
- Provide clear instructions, information, and adequate training to ensure employees are competent to do their work
- Provide PPE
- Provide and maintain safe tools and equipment
- Maintaining safe working conditions
- Implement emergency procedures in case of significant incidents such as floods or fires.
- Review this policy annually
Responsibilities for Health and Safety
The overall and final responsibility for health and safety Managing Director. Day to day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice is with the operations manager. The Operations Director is responsible for risk assessment, training employees, accidents, first aid, emergency procedures, equipment maintenance.
It is in the best interest of all parties to consider health and safety in every activity. Commitment to health and safety must form an integral part of this organization, from the managing director to the workers.
All employees should:
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- Take responsible care for their own health and safety
- Report health and safety concerns to the line manager
Arrangements for Health and Safety
- We will complete relevant risk assessments and take action
- We will review risk assessments when working habits or conditions change
- We will provide PPE
- We will make sure suitable arrangements are in place for employees who work remotely
- We will give staff and subcontractor health and safety training
- We will make sure escape routes are well signed and kept clear at all times
- Emergency procedures are tested and updated as required
Osmio Water will review this policy annually. This policy was reviewed last on 12.09.2020.