Osmio Clarity Gravity Water Filter
Osmio Clarity Gravity Water Filter System The Osmio Clarity uses the best performing gravity water filter elements on the market we know of, the Coldstream Sentry filters made in the UK. The Housing is made using borosilicate glass and with mango wood stand and lid, making it a beautiful and functional shrine to your blessed water for your home. Recommend for households up to 4 people. Filters are recommended to change every 6 months, but it depends on water quality. Please note, the filters do not reduce calcium and magnesium which causes scale in kettles. Please see the test reports below to find out what it reduces.
Please note, if you are puchasing a graded optionit will have some cosmetic imperfections.
Osmio Clarity Gravity Watrer Filter
Comes complete with two Coldstream Sentry Filters (usually changed every 6 months), a 304 Stainless Steel Dispensing Tap and Beech Wood Stand and Lid.
– Suitable for 1-4 users per system
– High-performance filters – not designed for limescale reduction (up to 30% approximately is achieved) but has industry-leading performance for chemicals, heavy metals, plastic, hormones, fluoride and pharmaceuticals and a lot more.
The Osmio Clarity Glass and Beech Wood Housing is a thing of simple beauty and was inspired by the fact that water should be in glass when possible. The Osmio Clarity provides the least plastic contact of any water treatment product, as understand the concerns of those who want as little contact with plastic as possible. The Osmio Clarity minimizes this to only the silicone rubber gaskets for the stainless steel dispensing tap itself.
Where beautiful material and design meet high performance is where the Coldstream Sentry Filters play an important role. High-level filtration is achieved through their unsurpassed technical understanding of filtration techniques and material performance, their comprehensive system and filter testing and manufacturing quality assurance and using unique high-performance ceramics made using their own hi-tech manufacturing processes. All Coldstream filters are made at our renewable energy powered and efficient manufacturing facility in King’s Lynn in the UK. Our team of technical experts are some of the most experienced in their field, creating and delivering solutions in countries all around the world.
Features & Benefits
- Glass Housing best material for water
- Unique high-performance ceramic filters
- Filter candles can be cleaned and re-used
- Gravity-fed, easy to fill with a jug and change filters
- Comes complete with beech wood stand and 304 stainless steel tap
The Coldstream filters are extremely powerful at filtering. They are even able to reduce fluoride (up to 97% – see test results). Doulton Super Sterasyl, Doulton ATC Super Sterasyl, and Black Berkey Filters do not reduce fluoride on their own, so you have to add extra filters (the PF4’s for the Doultons and the PF-2’s for the Black Berkey Filters). This is a problem because they screw onto the end of the main filters and take up space in the filtered water chamber. They are also made of plastic so the plastic is then sitting in your filtered water, not nearly as good as Coldstream who have solved it through their more advanced filtering technology.
Fluoride Removal – the other very important aspect of the Coldstream filters is that they reduce fluoride without using Activated Alumina which exchanges fluorides with aluminum hydroxide. Coldstream uses micro-ceramics to achieve this without migrating materials into the water through exchange making them far superior to older fluoride reduction technology.
Please note – Glass is FRAGILE so the product must be handled with care. The holes cut for the glass are not perfect and have slight shards that are covered by the rubber gaskets (on both sides of the filters and for the tap). It is, however, important to be vigilant about small shards that can occur whilst changing the filters so after cleaning it, you should clean it again or rinse it after installing new filters.
Do not overtighten the filters when installing as this may crack the glass. Use a jug to top the system up and be very careful handling it and especially with children around.
A – 204 mm
B – 660 mm
C – 540 mm
D – 240 mm
E – 135 mm
Filter Performance Data
The following test report shows the average results tested for a vast array of contaminants. Download test reports for more information.
|In Depth||Housing Info:
Upper Reservoir Holds 7 litres of Untreated Water
Lower Reservoir Holds 7 litres of Treated Water
NSF 42 Certified – which guarantees materials are not extracted at all into the filtered water.
• Bacteria removal (E.coli / Cholera / Shigella / Typhoid / Klebsiella Terrigena) – 99.9999%
• Cyst removal (Cryptosporidium / Giardia) – 99.9999%
• Volatile Organic Contaminants – 94% – 99%
• Lead, Cadmium, Selenium, Zinc removal – 100%
• Heavy Metal Contaminants (to NSF 53c) – 97%
• Pesticide Contaminants – 99.9%
• Herbicide Contaminants – 99.9%
• Free Chlorine Removal (Chlorine Taste and Odour) – 99.9%
• Chloromine Removal – 99.9%
• Fluoride removal – 97.0%
• Flow Rate – min 1.0 L/hr max 2.5 L/hr (per filter)
• Operating Temperature – min 5°C / max 30°C
• Service Life – 6 months (recommended but varies due to water quality)
Filter Critical Dimensions
• Diameter – 2.9”
• Length – 8.0”
• Fitting type – ¼” BSP
• Fitting length – LM (26mm)
|Filter Parameter||Bacteria, E-coli, Chlorine, Sediments, Fluoride, Pharmaceuticals, Heavy Metals|
RO systems reduce impurities on the ionic level and typically will do a 96-99% reduction of everything
How thick is the glass?